Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Autumn and December


 It really is the most wonderful time of the year for me. A lot of beautiful memories are centered around Autumn and Christmas. 

  
The weather here is getting chillier, but not enough in my opinion. South Louisiana is just as warm as Texas, with only two seasons. Summer, and a few days of cold Winter. I still love it here despite the lack of season change. 


 We didn't get to put up a Christmas tree this year. Before we moved, we stored most of our furniture and belongings in Texas. We made do with garland that we hung on our dresser in the living room. We bought a few cheap stockings and hung them around it. Red and white ribbon with an array of fake berries and lights makes it more Christmasy. It is as close to a Christmas tree as we'll get this year.


I took the leftover garland and wrapped it around the front porch. I made a few bows from the extra ribbon, but I could only make three. Two are sitting on the railing of the front steps, and the last one on the rail of the front ramp. Daddy can't stand that there's only one ribbon, so he's going to get more for me to make the rest of the bows. 


The leaves are falling off so fast that our yard is covered in them. The trees are starting to grow barren from all of it's green fullness, and the sky is cascaded with a gray haze. I think fall is my favorite season of them all. At least, until the next one comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment