Monday, May 27, 2013

Tea and Scones



     It is a little odd to have hot tea in May, but I don't think scones would be very good with cold tea.
     Sometime last week my mom wanted to bake some type of scone, so, she looked up a recipe and I made them.


     These were Toasted Pecan Oatmeal Scones and they were delicious. We added the icing which was cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar. You don't have to do the icing.


     We just had green tea with our scones. If I hadn't had the scones I would have indulged in a richer tea. I thought it complemented the scones nicely.
     We are going to try and have tea, and some type of dessert, once a week.


     So go ahead. Make a pot of tea, some scones, and sit back and read a book. That sounds rather relaxing. I think I'll try that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment